Monday, August 16, 2010

Draping!

This is just a long to the floor dress the has a really deep sweetheart neckline!
I realized that I haven't really said much before about what I have attached to the fashion world besides just loving clothes! I plan on going to FIDM for collage which is the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising! What I really want to go into is wedding dress design along with formal dress design! So what I have started to do is something called draping. Draping is when you take big pieces of fabric and design pieces of clothing around a dress form (manikin) and then just pinning it! Never having it be sewn! So these are a few things that I have draped, there are more but I didn't want to have to many pictures! All of these dresses are made out of the same piece of fabric! This is a great way just to get the ideas that you have in your head out to see them in real life! You never have to cut or sew anything!

~Emma~                          
This is a close up on the dress that is above!
This dress again has the deep sweetheart neckline but is short and has the fabric swept over to the side!

This is a long to the floor skirt with a high waist!



2 comments:

Wynne Prasetyo said...

this reminds me of the dress Jenny made Vanessa wore to the ball, of course without the see-thru effect. :) it's beautiful!

Ray said...

Love that dress and great blog!Lovely style;)))
come follow http://rayabo.blogspot.com/